Call 2-1-1 for the most up-to-date resources.
CROSS AND CROWN MISSION (Thanksgiving baskets)
1008 N McKinley Oklahoma City, OK 73106 405-232-7696
- Distributes holiday groceries the week before and the week of Thanksgiving.
- Sign up begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Eligibility: Meet income requirements
- Documents required: Proof of income
- Area served: Oklahoma City
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Other services at this location include: thrift store, food services/food pantry, community clinic, and legal services
EASTSIDE CHURCH OF CHRIST (Thanksgiving meal)
916 S Douglas Boulevard Midwest City, OK 73130
- Offers a free traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner for the community
- Thanksgiving Day 11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Walk-ins welcome
- No documents required
- Area served: Midwest City
- Languages: English only
- Other services include EASTSIDE CLOTHING CLOSET
PUTNAM CITY UNITED METHODIST CHURCH (thanksgiving meal)
5819 NW 41st Oklahoma City, OK 73122 405-491-1304
- Provide a free community Thanksgiving dinner
- Free diapers, shampoo, soap and toothbrushes
- November 28, 2019 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Walk-ins accepted
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Also operates the Daily Bread Food Pantry for local residents
Thursdays from 1:15 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Closed on major holidays that fall on Thursdays)
The “Angel for Moms” program is for single parents (only 1 adult in home) with children under the age of 18. Each applicant should be prepared to provide Government ID, Guardianship and/or Birth Certificates, proof of all sources of how bills are paid, (Example: Pay-stub, Section 8, Social Security, SNAP, Child Support, TANF, Unemployment, etc.)
Skyline Urban Ministry
Patrons must schedule an appointment over the phone by calling (405) 632-2644 ext. 104. If there is no answer, please leave a voicemail with a name and phone number. It may take a few days before they are able to get back to you.
Please note: If you previously received assistance from Christmas Grace in the last 2 years (2017 or 2018), Skyline will be unable to serve you for 2019.
Once you have scheduled an appointment, you will be informed of the guidelines, which are also listed here:
- No children are allowed to come to the appointment. You will be asked to leave and are unable to get another appointment if children are brought.
- You must give a 24 hour notice if you need to reschedule. If any sickness or another emergency occurs, you will be asked to bring documentation as proof.
- If you miss your appointment, you will not be able to receive Christmas Grace this year or the next.
- All appointments will take place at Skyline, which is located at 500 SE 15th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73129.
- Photo ID for parent/guardian
- Referral from a church, school or local helping agency. DHS referrals will not be accepted.
- Birth certificates for children or proof of legal guardianship.
- Proof of residence (recent bill with current address or lease agreement)
- Proof of income or proof of unemployment (such as a demographics paper from DHS)
- Christmas Wish List – Please include each child’s name, their coat, shirt, pants, shoe size, as well as 3 gifts the child would like to request for Christmas.
Community Action Agency of Oklahoma City and Oklahoma/Canadian Counties, Inc.
Community Action acts as a referral agency for the major Christmas programs in the Oklahoma and Canadian County areas. Families needing assistance can make an application through the District Center serving their area. Individual program guidelines determine the center where income eligible families will be referred.
Red Andrew’s Christmas Dinner
Event Hall on the southwest
corner of the
Cox Convention Center
1 Myriad Gardens
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
CHRISTMAS DAY FESTIVITIES:
Free dinner served from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
KID’S PHOTOs WITH SANTA CLAUSE
A gift for every child
The Salvation Army of Central Oklahoma is now making appointments for registration to residents of Oklahoma County for its 2019 Angel Tree program. The Angel Tree program helps families with children 0 – 12, and senior citizens 62 and older by providing Christmas assistance. Appointments for registration will be available Monday, August 5th through Friday, August 30th at the social services office located at 1001 N Pennsylvania Avenue in Oklahoma City. Staff will be available to assist families from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
To receive an appointment, individuals must bring a current photo ID and proof of residency, such as a current utility bill or rent/lease receipt.
Residents of Oklahoma County and residents of ZIP codes 73159, 73165 and 73170 of Cleveland County are eligible to receive an appointment at this office.
For more information, please contact The Salvation Army of Central Oklahoma at 405-246-1100 Monday through Friday during business hours.
Sharing Tree (formerly Christmas Connection)
Toys for Tots
“Family Toy Request Form” and “Non-Profit Toy Request Form” are available OCTOBER 1 and the deadline is November 15th. Please understand if you use the same email address for multiple requests only one will be approved and all others will be deleted. We ask you to create unique email accounts for those you wish to help. This helps volunteers rapidly approve the requests before the giveaway. Allow time for a response to the request, as they must be screened. ALL INFORMATION WILL BE IN AN APPROVAL EMAIL. DON’T CONTACT US ABOUT APPROVALS! There will be no exceptions to the deadline. Make sure you can provide identification for all children (i.e. social security card or birth certificate) as well as proof that you receive some kind of state or government assistance for each child (i.e. food stamps, WIC, assistance with housing). Individual families will be taken care of at our toy giveaway, while non-profits are on a case-by-case basis.